Is Unraid right for me?

I want to build something that I can run plex server, backup my two home computers, two mobile phones (photos only) and 1 remote computer. I'd prefer not to have to use VPN for the remote computer.

I think I can use unraid with plex server (clients are X1 and roku) and owncloud to satisfy these needs. Wondering what others think about owncloud and using it to backup remote computers?

Can I map the owncloud backup files to a unraid volume to be shared internal via SMB?

Does owncloud version files? Can I then backup the owncloud and files from plex to azure or amazon with unraid?

I'm looking to keep it small maybe a 5 drive case starting with just 2, then later add a cache drive and more storage drives.

Thanks,jb

UNRAID is definitely right for you, but you may need to flexible with the options to get things done.  I believe there is a plug-in for unraid to work with owncloud, but why not use dropbox?  Also,  today, i backup my entire unraid to crashplan, and it works great.  Others i know back it up to amazon drive similarly.  Good luck and get ready for a world of opportunities to open up.

Chris