USB Root Hub Lock Up

I've only recently discovered this problem. Using lsusb, I plug in a usb device or hub and see it enumerated. If I then unplug the device it still shows in lsusb and nothing else can be used on that port until reboot. If I  go to /sys/bus/pci/drivers/xhci_hcd and echo -n  0000:09:00.0 > unbind it is removed, however the corresponding echo -n  0000:09:00.0 > bind yields a "No such device" error.  What makes this even more puzzling is that after it locks up I can start a VM that gets this USB Root via passthrough and it functions properly in a VM, both Windows and Linux. I'm running 6.1.7 and I've gone backwards through 6.1.6, 6.1.4, 6.1.0 and 6.0.1 (all of the versions I have on hand). The last version that functioned correctly is 6.0.1. What versions are between 6.0.1 and 6.1.0? I would like to narrow down the version change that started this issue. USB Controllers: X99 Express Chipset , ASMedia ASM1042AE , VIA VL805

I ended up emailing a request for previous releases. This is the reply:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were no releases between 6.0.1 and 6.1.  One thing you could try is adding iommu=pt after "append" in the syslinux.cfg.  Apply that change, reboot your system, and report back if you still have an issue.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Panozzo

Lime Technology, Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy to say that my problem has been resolved!