1.5/2.0 TB HDD Compatibility

fatal

How would I know that the hardware I have will support 1.5/2.0 TB HDDs?

Mobo: P5B-VM DO (using all 7 onboard sata ports)

Controller Card: Adaptec 1430SA

A newegg review states that it does not support 1.5 TB drives, anyone using this hardware and have 1.5/2.0 TB drives working?

Cons: This controller does not support 1.5TB drives at all, per Adaptec support. It will support four 1TB drives for a 4TB array...but it will not support 1.5TB drives at all, even in JBOD.

Other Thoughts: Adaptec support states that none of their hostraid based controllers support 1.5TB drives, and they have no plans to support them in the future. They also have no plans of warning customers of this fact. The documents for this series of cards implies support for 2.0TB drives, and it will not be changed. Even if you don't have 1.5TB drives, do you want to buy from a company that does business like this?

Thanks

How would I know that the hardware I have will support 1.5/2.0 TB HDDs?

Mobo: P5B-VM DO (using all 7 onboard sata ports)

Controller Card: Adaptec 1430SA

A newegg review states that it does not support 1.5 TB drives, anyone using this hardware and have 1.5/2.0 TB drives working?

Cons: This controller does not support 1.5TB drives at all, per Adaptec support. It will support four 1TB drives for a 4TB array...but it will not support 1.5TB drives at all, even in JBOD.

Other Thoughts: Adaptec support states that none of their hostraid based controllers support 1.5TB drives, and they have no plans to support them in the future. They also have no plans of warning customers of this fact. The documents for this series of cards implies support for 2.0TB drives, and it will not be changed. Even if you don't have 1.5TB drives, do you want to buy from a company that does business like this?

Thanks

I have 2 of the Adaptec 1430SA's with Seagate 1.5T HDD's attached to them, so yes they work.