SATA Drives for HP ProLiant DL360 Gen9

I may have an opportunity to purchase a HP Proliant DL360 Gen9 server that currently has a HP MSA 2040 SAN Storage (24 2.5" bays) attached.  I may not purchase the MSA 2040 SAN Storage since it requires 2.5 SAS drives, which are too expensive for unRAID usage.

However, if I purchase the HP Proliant DL360 Gen9 server, can someone tell me how I would go about adding 3.5" SATA SAN storage (if such a thing exists)?

Edit:

The more I read up on the HP Proliant DL360 Gen9 and MSA 2040 SAN Storage, the more I realized this server may be beyond my abilities since I have never used SAN technologies.  It sounds like a lot of special equipment may be needed like special cables and controllers. I need to read up on SAN to see how everything fits together.

This would be an auction purchase and so I would not know the exact configuration of the server until the deal is done.  Also with auction, some cables and parts might be missing.

I'm not sure why you're considering SAN storage in the context of unRAID. It isn't what you need, since unRAID is a NAS. I suggest clarifying to your own satisfaction the difference between SAN and NAS. Basically, a NAS serves files to the clients whereas a SAN serves only filesystem metadata to the clients, which then retrieve the actual file data for themselves.