Almost Free 300 GB Drive from CC

Found this on FW

Circuit City for $180 OTD - $80 Rebates (04/02/06 - 04/08/06)

Fry's B&M for $80 OTD (03/31/06 - 04/04/06)

All you need to do is Price Match the Circuit City Drive to Frys Price.

So 180 - 100PM - 80 Rebate.  Pay the tax and its your  ;D

Too bad I don't have a Fry's or a CC near me  >:(

That's a pretty interesting idea!  I'm curious if Circuit City will price match it though.  A coworker of mine tried to get CompUSA to price match Fry's on the same deal yesterday and they refused.  They claimed that at $89 they would be selling it below their cost (spoke to salesperson and manager).  He didn't push it as he went to CompUSA to pickup other items anyway and he knew that he could just order it online with free shipping from Fry's. 

I'm going to try the Circuit City price matching offer tomorrow.  The deal is actually $10 instant savings, $40 Circuit City mail in rebate and $40 Seagate mail in rebate.  The $10 instant savings would almost certainly be eliminated on a price matching. 

The $40 Circuit City rebate may be invalidated on a price matching situation as well but I don't see how the $40 Seagate mail in rebate wouldn't still be valid. 

At worst, the drive should be $89 - $40 = $49 or at best $89 - $40 - $40 = $10 if both rebates are still valid.

I imagine that these drives will be "out of stock" in cities where a Fry's is located - at least as long as Fry's sale lasts.