Did unRaid format my new cache drive?

I installed unRaid a few weeks ago without a cache drive and having now done a bit of reading, realised that it would benefit me to have a cache so have installed a 400GB 7200 SATA drive. I know its not ideal and I will probably upgrade to a SDD soon when funds allow...

However, I started up the server, selected the relevant drive as the cache and now have two new shared folders for 'lost+found' and 'grub' and both have the little amber triangle next to them suggesting that they are not protected. Grub is full of mostly mod files that have modified dates from 2011.

Have these both been created by unRaid or are they legacy files from the HDD that I can delete? (It was in an Ubuntu system prior to this as part of an LVM setup).

I have also tried to create a new app data share on the drive but it keeps giving me a message telling me that the app data folder has been deleted after I create it - is this something do do with my old appdata folder being on the disk pool?

Thank you - that was the problem. There must have been a boot partition on the drive formatted as etx2. I managed to format the whole drive and now have all 400Gb as my cache.

I have, however, now ended up with another problem...

So far I have created two shares on the cache - VMs and appdata. I have also created a new docker image on the drive. I moved the content of my old appdata folder over and also a VM image.

The VMs share shows 385Gb free which is about right. The appdata however shows 1.72Tb free which should be wrong as that is the total of my cache plus free space on the disk pool. Both are set to use cache disk only.

I am concerned that as appdata seems to be pooling all space, I might end up writing to the disk pool rather than the cache which kind of defeats the object!