reincarnating my old server

tmp31416

Now that i have migrated from my old server (*) to my newly built one (**), i am thinking to reuse as many parts as possible  of the old server to build a new one to be a backup of the new main server.  there is no better protection as redundancy.

to tidy things up, in a fashion, i built a 14u rack to house servers + pvr + ... (***).  thing is, the cm590 case won't work as well in this rack, so i'm thinking of changing case.

to save money, i'd like to re-use the 5in3 drive cages i already own, but in a rack-mount format.  the best solution available to me seems to be the Rosewill RSV-L4500 case.  it does look as if swapping in the supermicro drive cages should work, but i'd like to hear from others before spending the money.  did anyone else manage to install supermicro CSE-M35T-1B units in that case?

that's it for now.  thanks in advance.

(*) unraid v4.7pro, 3x(supermicro CSE-M35T-1B) + 2x(sans digital towerraid tr4m+bnc), sempron 145 (? 140?) + 2gb of ram, coolermaster cm590 case, etc.

(**) unraid v6.1.x pro, norco 4224 case, amd a8-7600, etc.

(***) got my inspiration from http://tombuildsstuff.blogspot.ca/2014/02/diy-rack-server-plans.html

Archived