UNraid GUI access/Docker access/SMB access freezes during RAR extraction

ronni3

I lose access to everything under the sun that has to do with UNraid occasionally while say a movie is being extracted from RAR files. It only seems to happen with every random file that is being extracted and not with every RAR file. Maybe every 20th and then everything freezes at which point if I were watching a movie/tv show using Plex, it will freeze until whatever is causing the issue finally passes and then my show will continue until it runs into another RAR file within that batch that will freeze things again.

Anyone else having this issue and have a workaround or fix?

I don't have any ideas, but I've been preparing a page of tips and fixes, for issues like this and others, and you may want to see if anything there helps you ...

Tips and Tweaks

The page hasn't been well vetted yet, so be careful, but should be safe.  I'd be interested in knowing if anything helps.

In the forum feedback thread for the page, there's also a discussion of write caching.  You may want to read about that too, see if it sounds like it could be relevant.  However, it's rather technical, and I don't know your level of expertise.

Archived