Seagate 500Gig drives - $229

BLKMGK

rharvey,

The two MIR, yes there are two of them, go directly to the Seagate MIR Center in El Paso, TX and the Seagate MIR operation is very good at turning your MIR around in a reasonable time.

You can even preregister your MIR with Seagate on-line before you send it in and they will give you a tracking number to attach to the MIR to speed up its processing.

I have done this with two retail 300GB Seagate drives that I purchased at Fry's Electronics within the past couple of months.

I have only purchased one OEM drive and that was a Seagate and I have not had any problems with it and it is almost two years old. However, I have heard plenty of horror stories about OEM drives especially about the retailer that was recycling OEM drives that were returned when they were found to DOA.

In my opinion OEM drives do not receive the same kind of handling that RETAIL drives do. They are usually shipped in bubble wrap and can be subjected to high G shocks compared to the RETAIL drives.

Just a thought.

Regards,

TCIII