CPU & Memory Overhead of local webGUI

Hi,

I have just started using the local webGUI and in general I am very happy with it!  :)

I have noticed though that it seems to have higher demands in terms of RAM being available for unRAID.

In a configuration with a VM using most of the RAM - previously running perfectly stable with just the unRAID console active - now the VM does crash because the system runs out of memory.

That is fine for me and also understandable (webGUI needs more RAM than a console).

But here is my question:

is there any information on how much CPU overhead the Firefox based webGUI creates when in idle (the webGUI, not the system)?

Thanks & regards,

Marcel

@CHBMB: thanks for the reply!

More important than the RAM is probably the CPU load (RAM can be increased more easily).

I have some new findings about it myself:

using htop within the local GUI I could see that the with the webGUI open and in idle the CPU load was floating around 2-3 %.

When I closed Firefox though (something totally reasonable to do while you are actually not using the webGUI) the CPU load dropped to well below 1% and even the RAM demand went down again. The Win10 VM can run with the previous RAM assignment.

So, problem solved.

The local webGUI including the shell window and htop is awesome!  :)