Cannot mount Samba share from within KVM with 6.2

I run a Mythbuntu 14.04 KVM on unRAID, and as described in this thread: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=44203.msg422072#msg422072 the only way I was able to mount an unRAID share with r/w privileges was through using a very odd method (a 9p filesystem?) in /etc/fstab that I've never seen before. Since upgrading to 6.2 and quite a few things changing in VMs, this no longer works. I have a drive outside of the array, managed by the unassigned devices plugin. The unraid share that I need to mount is at //192.168.1.6/mythtv and when I access the GUI of the VM (which also seems much more buggy and not working correctly with 6.2, parts of the display vanish or don't update until a cursor moves over them, laggy, etc) and the place which I am trying to mount the shares within the VM is simply at /mnt. No combination of things in fstab will allow me to properly mount this share correctly with read write. Can someone tell me with how the VM works now, the correct /etc/fstab entry for ubuntu 14.04 to mount an unraid share via fstab or even via rc.local? Within the Mythbuntu KVM, I can access the GUI, and browse to the samba share, which shows in the address bar in Thunbar as //tower.local/mythtv. As far as I can tell, there are no permissions that should be necessary to write for any user. Anyone that can be of help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: manually the command:

sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.1.6/mythtv /mnt -o username=nobody,rw,uid=1000

seems to work, but only read only, so I suppose I could just add this to rc.local but I know fstab is the more "correct" way to do this. No matter what I do though, I cannot get it to work. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Using the vmvga video VNC setting provided much better results. I am able to use XWindows without issues, whereas the recommended one did not work very well

I only mount a whole drive for recording and timeshift in my mythbuntu vm. However I used to mount using 9p filesharing in a ubuntu apps vm. I didn't use cifs because it wouldn't work sometimes. But I set it up in fstab with noauto then used rc.local to mount it. I think I had rc.local set to a start value of S98 in the appropriate rc.xD (where X is the run level) folder and then had services that needed the mount with a value of S99. Hope that makes sense. You could apply that to a cifs mounted drive.

FINALLY got it to work with this fstab line:

//192.168.1.6/mythtv     /mnt       cifs      rw,username-nobody,dir_mode=-777,file_mode=0777   0 0

Geeeez is ubuntu picky about these fstab entries! Well, if you're using the unassigned devices plugin to share a drive, and have no security on it, this is the correct line to auto mount it.