Unraid Server Dying?

My first Unraid server has been working great for several weeks.  Last night I was watching a movie streaming off the server and it started skipping every 10 seconds or so.

At first I thought it was the computer I was using to read the files, but I've now tried to watch movie files from other computers and it still skips.  Then tonight I was watching another movie to see if it was still skipping, it was, and then the unraid server locked up (I could not access it via the web).

I restarted the server, it booted OK, but it still skips with movie files.

Are there any daignostic tests I can run to see what's going on?  I'm using an ASUS P5LD2 mobo, I've heard the ethernet port on these boards have a history of failing?  I'm wondering if that could be it... but not sure how to check.

I'm not a computer expert, I've seen some guys on here list transfer rates, but I don't know how to do this. 

Any tips? 

thanks

What device are you using to play the movies?  A HTPC? or a Network Media Player Device?  If a HTPC, what are the Network Card Link Speed & Duplex Settings in the HTPC.

When it skips a bit.. does it stall, run really fast to catch up?  or Freeze then jump on a bit?  or Freeze wait 10 secs then carry on exactly where it left off?

Are you on a Wired Lan? if so is it a Gig Lan?  If it is a Giglan, can you tell from the switch whether the UnRaid is connected to it at Gig speed?

I had problems similar to what you're describing when using a SNazzio Media Player.  In that case it turned out to be that the Snazzio was incorrectly reading the duplex settings from the network card in the PC that was running the Snazzio software.

There's plenty of people on here who know enough to tell you how to check your Network Settings on the UnRaid via Telnet, but I'm not one of them.

Are you in a position to try another cable?

Mark.