System unresponsive

elitegoodguy

I noticed one of my Docker plugins had been running but unresponsive, when looking at the Docker Tab it said (I believe) Image Unavailable.  After doing some googling I see that somehow it became orphaned and the recommendation on the unraid thread was to remove/reinstall it.  I attempted to do that and see that it wouldn't let me remove it.  The button would appear to click but would hang and the whole gui would be unresponsive for 15-30 minutes.  After which I would come back and it would still be there.  I then attempted to stop the Docker Plugin and it wouldn't stop.  Thinking something really got broke, I turned the autostart off on it and rebooted the whole system.

When it came back up when I go to start the array it would hang at Mounting Disks and the whole GUI would be unresponsive.  I was able to login via SSH and looked at the /var/syslog and see the following messages.

Nov 14 17:37:16 unraid emhttp: shcmd (191): mkdir -p /mnt/disk2
Nov 14 17:37:16 unraid emhttp: shcmd (192): set -o pipefail ; mount -t xfs -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/md2 /mnt/disk2 |& logger
Nov 14 17:37:16 unraid kernel: XFS (md2): Mounting V5 Filesystem
Nov 14 17:37:16 unraid kernel: XFS (md2): Starting recovery (logdev: internal)
Nov 14 17:37:50 unraid kernel: XFS (md2): Bad dir block magic!

I'm not sure what to do.  I've thought about just wiping my installation of unraid on my USB drive and reinstalling.  I think as long as I have the disks in the same order (Parity = Parity) it should be all good, am I correct in that assumption?  The biggest thing is that I absolutely do not want to lose any data. 

What would you recommend?

That was it! Thank you!  I should have read the wiki.  I found another post instructing someone to run xfs_repair so I tried that as the system was unresponsive, which didn't work.  When I read the wiki article that you posted it said to place it into maintenance mode which did the trick.

Thank you for your help.

Archived