Recommendations for a UPS for my unRAID box

gabbott

Looking to get a UPS for backup power and hopefully get setup to shutdown the server in the event of an outage.

Any recommendations?

Was looking at this APC one: BX1300G

My server is running 5 drives in it. Don't plan to go over 6 drives at this point.

I'm quite happy with the APC Back-UPS ES 550, the unMENU extension package has an easy installation procedure to support this UPS.  I've got an unRAID box with eight WD Green drives in it, and with all of them spun up at once the UPS reports that it is running at 37% of full load and expects to be able to run about 13.9 minutes on battery.  This UPS has a user replaceable battery pack, which appears to cost about 60% of the cost of a new unit.

Regards,

Stephen

I'm quite happy with the APC Back-UPS ES 550, the unMENU extension package has an easy installation procedure to support this UPS.  I've got an unRAID box with eight WD Green drives in it, and with all of them spun up at once the UPS reports that it is running at 37% of full load and expects to be able to run about 13.9 minutes on battery.  This UPS has a user replaceable battery pack, which appears to cost about 60% of the cost of a new unit.

Regards,

Stephen

Thanks, sold! That one is about 1/3 of what I was looking to spend and I really just want something for any power blips or if the power is out for say more than 3 minutes to just have the server shutdown gracefully. The best buy around the corner carries it so I'm going to stop by after work tomorrow and pick one up.

Archived