Server disconnect when transferring files

After months of problems I finally got my unRAID server up and running. I have an IBM x3650 M3. I have a plex docker installed but have been having an issue. Whenever I try to transfer a file over 2gb the transfer freezes and then the drives disconnect from my computer and I have to restart the server. My drives are connected to a raid card and each drive is set up as a virtual drive so unRAID can see them. Is this causing the problem? Do I have to have an HBA card and not a raid card? I also have a 240gb SSD as a cache drive.

• 2 years later...

You sound like your having the exact same problem as me. I have an old rig i converted to a server.

EVGA - 131-GT-E767
Intel® Core™ i7 @ 2.666 GHz
6gigs DDR2

I had everything running like a dream.  1 TB SSD as my cache with 7 HD in my array that's connected to a SAS9211-8I 8PORT card. 

I have mapped a few of my shares in Windows 10, i can browse them and i can get on the web UI but shortly after i start sending files from my windows pc to the server vai network, i lose connection with the server. I can no longer reach the web UI or explore those shares i made. I will be forced to do a hard reboot on the server and go through this all again.  

Have you figured out a solution?