Data corruption after parity sync

tucansam

Had posted a few threads in some subforums, bad controller led to a disk dropping regularly.  Finally replaced the controller and so far so good.  The data on the drive that would drop was never compromised, after all.  New Config followed by a parity sync seems to have gone well, array is humming along happily.

I have noticed some strangeness with regards to data.  I haven't had a chance to look at all of my files yet, but many of the videos of my kids that I had (not necessarily on the disk that was dropping) have assumed other video filenames, ie, let's say Video1.wmv is a birthday video and Video2.wmv is a dog video.  Well now Video1 and Video2 are both the same birthday video, and the dog video is nowhere to be found.  Also, my sickrage database became corrupted (/mnt/user/appdata is stored on the array at the moment).  Will spend the next couple of days trying to see what other oddities have occurred.

Wondering if this is an unraid issue or something else entirely.  Not sure what to make of it at the moment, particularly files becoming duplicates and assuming other filenames.

Thanks.

Archived