Remote monitoring/alerting

devros

I'm looking to setup an external monitoring service to check and alert me if my local plex server is down, Ombi and a few other things I run.  Would be under 5 checks and I know that many services out there have a free tier for that few service checks.  Was just wondering what others here have used.  Someone had mentioned Pulseway to me a while back, but there are so many others out there, I figured I would ask here first.

thanks,

-dev

50 minutes ago, devros said:

I'm looking to setup an external monitoring service to check and alert me if my local plex server is down, Ombi and a few other things I run.  Would be under 5 checks and I know that many services out there have a free tier for that few service checks.  Was just wondering what others here have used.  Someone had mentioned Pulseway to me a while back, but there are so many others out there, I figured I would ask here first.

thanks,

-dev

As you said, there are many to choose from. 

After having looked and tried many of them. I settled for the following service:

http://uptimerobot.com/

2 minutes ago, interwebtech said:

PlexPy (Plex server notifications + more)  & Pushbullet (send notifications via text). Pushbullet is also a supported agent for unRaid's notifications. 

The problem is that PlexPy is running on the same unraid server, so if something goes wrong with the server then I wouldn't get notified, hence my desire to use an external monitoring service.

Archived