Unable to install debian on Unraid...

Hi, today i startet my first verison of unraid.

Plugins, Docker (plex) are working.

But i cant get debian VM working. Its like im getting crazy. Why no one uses linux? Because its shit to install. Thats all i can say :D. And i use linux now since 10 years (for my servers)

Can anyone suggest a working version for latest Unraid?

I get every error on this world:

1.) It hangs at copying files

2.) It hangs at downloading "insert file here" 

3.) Without netinstall it first time got installed correct, but then after reboot, it can only start in "safe mode" some random fstack error

3b) in safe mode, it says it cant find a network adapter...

1.) So guys, whats the best way to install debian as a VM? Do i need to make ANY changes to any options?

I tried netinstall and debian-live-9.2.0-amd64-kde.

2.) whats wrong with unraid VNC? I cant copy or paste anything. I cant type "-" it makes "ß" Im a little bit disapointed.

3.) How can i disable SSH for unraid? I would like to reach the SSH from the VM of debian isntead of unraid.

Edit:

I was finally able to install debian at the 5. try (debian-9.2.1-amd64-netinst.iso worked) WoW. But like i said in 2.) i cant use it now...

How i can make it that i can use german keyboard layout? Because i cant ssh debian bc it listen on port 22, same as unraid... and i cant change it via VNC... because i cant use my keyboard and cant copy, paste.

4.) Where can i get a new copy of my license when i need to change usb?

Edited by nuhll

Hi, 

I will try to answer some of your questions:

On 12/8/2017 at 4:45 AM, nuhll said:

Am i in the correct forum?

Yes.

How can i fix VNC?

It seems like you've sorted this out - although the built in VNC is truly terrible. I typically either run a local vnc client, or run GUACamole via docker which seems to run better, if not great.

How can i change SSH Port of Unraid?

You could do this, but it would be better to use bridged networking on your VM and assign it a static address on the same network as unraid box. This way it'll be on your local network, not on the internal virtbr0 style network (typically 192.168.22.x) Then you can ssh to the IP you configured within the VM directly. 

Where i can change Licence when i need to change stick. How to copy all settings (just copy stick?)

If you need to switch USB sticks (i believe the limit is once per year) you'll find the license key at /boot/config/<licensetype>.key . So in my case:

/boot/config/Plus.key 

I'm not absolutely sure on this one, but I believe the two most important files on the USB stick are your key file as well as /boot/config/super.dat 

I see one disk in array always green. Is that because of VM and Plex docker? Can i move it to cache? 

I think you mean that one disk isn't spinning down. If a running VM or Plex docker is keeping its files on that disk - then yes it won't spin down. However, that's not unusual because wherever you put /appdata is typically going to have open files at all times. You certainly can move these to the cache, that's well documented. It's even recommended for best performance to keep virtual machine images on cache to maximize IO.