6.3.5 - GUID not assigned to user, is this possible?

poopsie

Here is my issue.  I have a docker (Resilio).  When a client creates a folder, and it syncs to Unraid, I am unable to make changes to that folder over SMB from another machine.  I can read it, but can't make any changes.  My docker has a PUID of 99, and a PGID of 100 (Nobody | Users).  Lets just say my user to login on SMB is matt.  If i change the PUID to 1000, which is what matt is assigned, I can make any changes I want to the folder over SMB.  But, when I go back to 99, nothing.  So I ran cat /etc/passwd, I get this for matt - matt:x:1000:100::/:/bin/false  So it is assigned to group 100, and Resilio is PGID is 100 also.  I should be able to read/write over SMB correct?  Looking at that output for matt, does it look right? 

Sorry, just have been really struggling with this

Thanks

On 12/7/2017 at 8:23 PM, poopsie said:

Here is my issue.  I have a docker (Resilio).  When a client creates a folder, and it syncs to Unraid, I am unable to make changes to that folder over SMB from another machine.  I can read it, but can't make any changes.  My docker has a PUID of 99, and a PGID of 100 (Nobody | Users).  Lets just say my user to login on SMB is matt.  If i change the PUID to 1000, which is what matt is assigned, I can make any changes I want to the folder over SMB.  But, when I go back to 99, nothing.  So I ran cat /etc/passwd, I get this for matt - matt:x:1000:100::/:/bin/false  So it is assigned to group 100, and Resilio is PGID is 100 also.  I should be able to read/write over SMB correct?  Looking at that output for matt, does it look right? 

Sorry, just have been really struggling with this

Thanks

Probably best to post in the support thread for Resilio so that the guys who use actually use it will be able to see the post