ASUS P5Q Pro - S3 Sleep, S2Ram & WOL Not Working

JaguarTech

Has anybody managed to get an Asus P5Q Pro, to reliably WOL using either S3 Sleep or S2Ram. I can get my machine to sleep but when I invoke my "WakeServer.bat" file it comes out of sleep state but I don't have a network connection or video (video wont be a problem because I want to run headless anyway) but I will need to telnet in.

My head is spinning from the different posts i have read, all the different configurations i have tried and all the attempts at getting this to work.

I'm hoping that someone who has managed to get this MOBO to reliably wake from a sleep state can help me out here.

Has anybody managed to get an Asus P5Q Pro, to reliably WOL using either S3 Sleep or S2Ram. I can get my machine to sleep but when I invoke my "WakeServer.bat" file it comes out of sleep state but I don't have a network connection or video (video wont be a problem because I want to run headless anyway) but I will need to telnet in.

My head is spinning from the different posts i have read, all the different configurations i have tried and all the attempts at getting this to work.

I'm hoping that someone who has managed to get this MOBO to reliably wake from a sleep state can help me out here.

The question is... how are you putting the motherboard to sleep?

The script of commands that puts it to sleep continues where it left off once awakened.  It is there that the command to re-establish network connectivity is needed.

So...

How are you putting the array to sleep?

For many, the script to put the array to sleep, and awaken afterwards, looks like this

# flush the buffers to the physical disks

sync

# put the array to sleep

echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep

# re-establish network connectivity upon awakening

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 restart

On some network controllers, you may need to re-enable the WOL by adding one more line to the end of the above script

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue as many others I believe.

The S3 Sleep, S2Ram & WOL is just Not Working properly. I have tried many things but no luck.

In my case it works sometimes only. I will put to sleep then wake up properly, and then the next time will not wake up at all. It is very inconsistent, go figure what is wrong.

My motherboard is Asus Crosshair IV Formula.

I'm runnig the Release 5.0-rc8a.

Archived