First Time User Issues

brandonturpin

I decided to switch from FreeNAS to unRAID for my media server, for the most part I like it much better... however I am coming across a few issues that I can not get past to get it working!

User Login

When I setup unRAID I updated the root password. However when I tried to sign back in it would tell me the password was incorrect. Now 1/2 the time it lets me in, and half the time the login popup just keeps coming up. I even created a second user and password and that is not working most the time either.

I have even tried to go to the direct IP address, the login popup comes up so I know I am in the correct spot! I have no idea why half the time I am not able to log into the web interface

User Shares

I have created user shares on the web interface and no matter what I do I can not get them to show on the network. When I had freeNAS I had to map a network drive to get to it, but I am either not able to do that, or the address(es) I have tried are all wrong.

I have no idea what to do with either of these issues!!

Hello and welcome.  Sorry you're having trouble.

On the User Login issue, that's odd. Are you coming in from Windows, and what browser are you using?  I think I'd start with powering down the server and running a chkdsk on the flash drive on your Windows box to make sure you didn't experience corruption during the install.

On the User Share issue, SMB can be a pain.  Assuming you're using Windows, can you enter \\tower or \\ip.address (where you replace that with the ip address of your server) in File Explorer?  Also, have you given your server a static IP or are you letting your router assign one via DHCP?

Archived