New build - HW ideas needed

Hi all.

I'm in need of a new Unraid server.

My use case will be as follows.

A gaming VM, with a GTX770 GFX card passed thru. Will upgrade in a couple of years when the current card cant follow up.

PLEX with 1 transcode

different dockers, like Archive-teams warrior, 2-3 torrent instances, Clibre, Xeoma, ZNC, OpenVPN server, and other minor dockers

Other VMs - Thise will  just be used to fool around with, I will likely not have a dedicated GFXcard for thise. I will only boot them when needed.

Hardware ideas.

I'm kinda torn between the I7-8700k and a Ryzen 7 1700X

Bot CPUs have its pros and cons.

I like the Ryzens core count, but can I trust it to be reliable with all of the issuies it had when it released?

I like the I7 due to its high single core passmark point, and the I7-8700k also has a TDP on just a mere 65 Watt. I know it don't max out the wattage, but I like stuff to be efficient.

It's been 8 years since I made my last PC, and I'm really not into the diffrent chipsets anymore, so if anyone have a suggestion as for CPU+motherboard+RAM - that would be awesome :D

------

I was thinking of giving the gaming VM 3 cores, the Unraid server 1 core, and then let the remaining dockers+VMs share the remaining.

With kind regards.