Hello from an unRAID newbie :)

manfat

Hello unRAID community,

As I am still a bit of a newbie I thought I should say hello here. I built my new basic unRAID 4.5TB array around the start of this year, it has been running great for 45 days now.

I am really starting to trust it more and more as I slowly fill it with data and love the raw speed compared to the old NAS box I replaced with it. 

The default Plex docker is running brilliantly, this was my main reason for choosing unRAID but I have also started using Sonarr and Radarr with rtorrent_VPN and this sweet combination means I will probably be filling the whole 4.5TB quite quickly! Today I just figured out how to enable remote access into a docker container running on my array via port forwarding on my router but unsure exactly how safe (or not!) this approach is, my method was to use the excellent 'Cloud Commander' docker with a user name and password while changing the listening port to a high number. I have also only mapped host shares as read-only but still I am a little nervous about security and wondering if the ProFTPd or SSH plugins might be a safer option. 

Kindest regards, 

M

Archived