Can't access server after upgrading to 6.5

lockdown571

This is why I hate upgrading. Just upgraded from 6.3 to 6.5. Clicked the downloaded button, download finished and it told me to reboot my server. I rebooted my server and now it is completely inaccessible. Can't SSH into it. It doesn't even show up on my list of network devices on my router. What should be my next course of action? I'm nervous about a force shutdown during a potential upgrade process.

I got it up and running again. Booted into BIOS and noticed the unraid USB drive was no longer the boot disk, and I also couldn't select it as a boot disk. Plugged the usb drive into my computer and ran the make disk bootable bat again, and now I'm able to boot into unraid. I did get a few UDMA CRC errors though... (edit: looks like that's a new attribute): 

)

The UDMA CRC functions as high watermark. So they represent the full lifetime of the individual drives. Only worry if you get new notifications that they continue to tick up. You could live with maybe one or two ticks/year for a drive but if it keeps ticking up it's time to look at your cabling.

Archived