Linux VM Help - screen resolution

Hi guys, I’m new to all this but I’m finding my way round just built my server about 2 weeks ago and now just wanting to setup a Linux vm so I can learn Linux. 

I have two vm’s setup a fedora system and Ubuntu system which seem to be working correctly barring that I cannot change the standard resolution it’s stuck at 1024x768, I can see other resolutions but when I change and hit accept it crashes the vm. I go back to unraid webgui and the vm is marked as stopped. 

Any my help is much appreciated.

thanks 

So I posted this on reddit as well as I didn’t seem to get any luck on here.... someone replied mentioning that 6.5.0 could be the issue? Anyone know if this is likely? Is there any known issues I’ve missed... 

i managed to to get windows 10 vm installed last night but had to change the bios to seabios instead of ovmf... what’s the disadvantages of doing this as I believe ovmf is preferred?

thanks 

No just using VNC, I tried searching for updated VNC drivers if such a thing exist, I’m completely new to Linux so I really dont know much. 

As as I can’t find anyone else with the same issue I suppose it’s something I’m doing wrong but I followed all guides I can find

• 2 years later...

I was having issues making QXL and Cirrus drivers go anything above 1600x, using this code I found on reddit i was able to get up to 2k resolution. This has to be done manually in the VM edit menu using the form. Search for the Video section and replace it with below. Then start the VM.

<video> <model type='virtio' heads='1' primary='yes'> <acceleration accel3d='no'/> </model> <alias name='video0'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/> </video>

Source:

• Upvote 1