Plex Docker - Unraid 6.5 - VAAPI problem

Allram

Hello, I have Binhex-Plexpass installed and got HW transcoding working with plex, but i get this errors when a user tries to play a file that need SW transcoding, then the app for the user disconnects/shuts down.

The problem seems to be only on movies (the movie folder is placed here: /mnt/user/Filmer), all movies i before had on a Synology NAS has been moved over. The old movies fails transcoding, but all new movies i have added after i moved Plex over to unRaid works just fine.

The thing is that Series, Documentaries and Concerts works just fine and they have been moved over the same way as i did with movies.

Anyone got a solution or tips for me? I have done the edit on the GO file to add "dev/dri" support for HW transcoding. I have also tried to run the Safe Docker new perms and checked that all files have the correct permissions. Have also tried diffferent Plex docker containers to see if it was only a problem with Binhex's version, but the error is on every Plex docker container i have tried.

2018-03-24 20:43:12,328 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/dri/i965_drv_video.so

2018-03-24 20:43:12,328 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_0

2018-03-24 20:43:12,329 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
failed to open /data/jenkins/pms-deps-universal-v2/BUILD_TAG/linux-ubuntu-x86_64/output/pms-depends-linux-ubuntu-x86_64-release-9e65d6a/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so

Failed to wrapper hybrid_drv_video.so

libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I too just started seeing this with hardware transcoding enabled, my friends have started complaining my server was down and i could load the web interface without restarting the docker, i loaded the plex provided docker i still get these errors in the logs but video continues to stream and it doesnt freeze up the docker so far

Starting Plex Media Server.
failed to open /data/jenkins/pms-deps-universal-v2/BUILD_TAG/linux-ubuntu-x86_64/output/pms-depends-linux-ubuntu-x86_64-release-79dcc0f/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so
failed to open /data/jenkins/pms-deps-universal-v2/BUILD_TAG/linux-ubuntu-x86_64/output/pms-depends-linux-ubuntu-x86_64-release-79dcc0f/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so

• 3 months later...

Anyone find a good solution to this problem? Downgrading Plex doesn't seem to fix the problem for me. So I'm thinking maybe the problem stems from somewhere else?

Now on Unraid 6.7.0 and running Binhex Docker Build 1.15.6.1079

Whenever I activate Hardware Transcoding and transcode a stream I get the following errors:

In the Plex Docker Log:

failed to open /data/jenkins/conan_build/290002784/conan/.conan/data/libva/2.1.0-40/plex/stable/package/81a2df5e16044d97d1b088b0e6c9598b5b17f233/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so

In the Unraid Log:

kernel: [drm] GPU HANG: ecode 8:6:0xacdfbffd, in Plex Transcoder [26671], reason: hang on vecs0, action: reset

kernel: i915 0000:00:02.0: Resetting vecs0 for hang on vecs0

If I don't act fast during this error it has even resulted in a full system crash, needing to reboot.

UPDATE OCTOBER 2019:

The newest Plex Media Server v1.18.0.1846 finally seems to fix this problem for me. I do still get the "failed to open..." message in the Plex Docker log, but everything seems to work as it should. No more hang on vecs0! :)

Edited by semmtex
Update