Host prevent the server from calling back into itself

Kru-x

I have a problem that I don’t know how to handle in unraid, I have one docker container with a WordPress site with IP 192.168.1.100:8080 and it is behind a revers nginx proxy and it works mint. Now I would like to use another docker container with WKHTMLTOPDF to connect through the IP address to WP (above container) but when I try that, it points to the localhost address that unraid uses so it won’t work and I can’t point to my domain address as I have been told that a container can’t go out on internet and back again on the same domain, apparently a security issue.

I guess on a "normal" webserver you would add your domain address in hosts to point to the IP address but in unraid it uses the locahost internal network. So my head is spinning trying to figure out how I can route the internal ip address to that container or how I could change to a different ip for that container, have looked at the "routing table" but again my head is not set for networking so I don’t get it. 

Any pointers?

My questions seemed to be to out there as I got no answer, sorry about that. 

To simplify and make it more general,

1. It seem like unraid prevent the server from calling back into itself, is there anywhere I can change this  behaviour as I have two docker container moaning about it?

2. I guess it is not recommended as it is a security feature but why? Can i work around it?

Archived