Deleted Folders keep reappearing

NGMK

Let me start by saying I'm a noob when it comes to all this Linux and Server thing. 

I initially installed the Deluge Docker container managed to have up and running but for some reason when I added new torrents they will never start downloading. After getting tire of searching around for a solution, I decided to uninstall the docker and try ruTorrent Docker instead. After mapping the folders and playing with a few setting I now have ruTorrent working like a charm. The issue that I have right now is:

The following directories exist with similar names, only differing by the 'case' which will play havoc with Windows / SMB access.  Windows does NOT support folder names only differing by their case and strange results will happen should you attempt to manipulate the folders or files

/mnt/user/Torrents/completed
/mnt/user/Torrents/Completed

I keep deleting this folder (the one with lower case) and it keep reappearing. when I log into the Krusader container there is nothing in that folder but Windows SMB sometime shows nothing sometime it shows the same files as in the /Completed directory.  I have check everywhere to see if a docker container keep recreating that folder. Maybe Deluge did not uninstalled correctly and somehow is recreating that folder everytime the server starts.

The following directories exist with similar names, only differing by the 'case' which will play havoc with Windows / SMB access.  Windows does NOT support folder names only differing by their case and strange results will happen should you attempt to manipulate the folders or files

/mnt/user/Torrents/completed
/mnt/user/Torrents/Completed

The following files exist within the same folder on more than one disk.  This duplicated file means that only the version on the lowest numbered disk will be readable, and the others are only going to confuse unRaid and take up excess space:

/mnt/user/Torrents/Completed/Men.In.Black.1997.2160p.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos-EPSiLON.mkv/Men.In.Black.1997.2160p.UHD.BluRay.REMUX.HDR.HEVC.Atmos-EPSiLON.mkv   disk1 cache

Can this be the issue?

Figure out which of the data disks that contains /Torrents/completed - rename to "Completed".

But you need to do the rename on unRAID and not over SMB - Windows doesn't understand how to rename since it things the two names are the same.

Assuming both Men.In.Black files are the same size, then remove the one on the cache drive.

23 hours ago, pwm said:

Figure out which of the data disks that contains /Torrents/completed - rename to "Completed".

But you need to do the rename on unRAID and not over SMB - Windows doesn't understand how to rename since it things the two names are the same.

Assuming both Men.In.Black files are the same size, then remove the one on the cache drive.

I tried to follow your intructions but as soon as I restarted ruTorrent the "completed" folder will get recreated. What I ended up doing was moved all completed torrents to the media folder for Plex. Unistall ruTorrent clear and deleted the Torrents share.  and started brand new from scratch   working like a charm now. I will never used upper case letter again for naming directories ever again. 

Thanks

Archived