Stale Configuration

ajgriglak

So, historically, I've never been able to successfully update the OS in one shot without manual installation.  Today, it got worse.

I checked for OS update, and found 6.5.0 -> 6.5.1.  I hit update now, rebooted and no response.

Go to look at the server, and it's not booting.  Checked the USB key, and the contents are corrupted.  Only had two files, with random characters for filenames.  This is usually what happens with this drive, so I'm thinking it's time to replace it.  So, I got a new USB key and formatted FAT32 and copied the backup files.  Went through the process of getting the license from Lime Technology assigned properly to the new USB key.  Run the batch file to make it bootable, and boot into the GUI OK.  However, no drives populated at the top and all my drives as unassigned at the bottom.   Also, a "Stale configuration" notice is listed at the bottom.  Confirmed the files in my /Config folder have the proper files in it.  Reboot, and it wouldn't boot.  I had to run make_bootable.bat again.  And, once again - comes up with "stale configuration" at the bottom.

How can I get my config back properly once and for all?  Also, how can I avoid this in the future?  Which files will I need to recover from failed USB boot key?  It appears that copying all the files from my backup does not work to restore the USB drive.  Also, what would cause the USB key to be non-bootable at each boot?

Archived