EX490 and unRaid

I got an EX490 and it's my first server, so naturally it took me forever just to get it up and running.

Now it is.

And now the geek in me wants to beef it up, however, it seems that WHS seems to have gone the way of old yeller.

Is unRaid compatible to a HP EX490?

Also, I'm planning on upgrading the ram and processor so I can store more than the 2Tb limit on the HDDs. will unraid allow it to support larger drives?

My goal is to use it for backing up my precious data. Secondary is to open up a port and access that data abroad. Third is to put my media (if I can install plex or whatnot that'd be a plus). If I can get something going with this old hardware, it would prompt me to upgrade to more ram and a better processor. But until I can get it working why spend all the extra $$$.

So far what I've done is install unraid to a USB drive, taken out the drive currently in there and wipe it (all unallocated), and then put it back in with the USB in the bottom back slot.

Power it up.

It's not installing.

It's a bit difficult because I don't have an input or output device attached to it, but I've seen installations and it seems you don't really need to do anything (unraid installs itself).

But it seems I'm missing a step?