[Solved] Unraid Server Unresponsive

mrvnsk9

I am having an issue where the Unraid server becomes unresponsive and a hard power off is the only way to get the server back up. It usually happens after being up for a day. Can someone please take a look at the diagnostics and let me know if you see any issues. I have been seeing some BTRFS warnings for the cache drives. I don't know if there's an issue with them. Also, the Fix Common Problems isn't showing any issues. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

dragon-diagnostics-20180605-1748.zip

dragon-diagnostics-20180605-1839.zip

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

I am running the GO tweak. Do the logs show anything about c-state power management? I took a look and didn't see anything, but this is also my first experience with unRAID. Maybe I missed something. I have noticed the machine does seem to crash after it has been sitting idle for a while.

I’m also having this same issue, brand new install. I haven’t even started the array yet and it will lock up after inactivity. I have not really timed it but less than 4 hours. A reboot will fix the issue no problem. Ryzen 1700x on a Asus x370 pro.

I'm running an Asus X470 TUF gaming board. I've done a little searching on the Asus forums and it looks like people are having issues with those boards. My nvme drives don't show up in the BIOS. I think I'm going to send the board back and try an ASRock board. 

18 hours ago, mrvnsk9 said:

Do the logs show anything about c-state power management?

No, just the it's a common Ryzen issue, and although GO tweak helps in most cases it doesn't in all, there are some bios options you can try to change, usually called Power Supply Idle control or similar.

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

No, just the it's a common Ryzen issue, and although GO tweak helps in most cases it doesn't in all, there are some bios options you can try to change, usually called Power Supply Idle control or similar.

I do remember seeing that option in the BIOS. I'll definitely give that a try too. Thanks for the suggestion

I think I finally have the server stabilized. I ended up doing the follow:

1. Replaced the ASUS board with an ASRock board (At this point, I'm pretty sure the ASUS board was bad.)
  2. Disabled the Global C-State controls in the BIOS
  3. Added the rcu_nocbs=0-7 setting

Thanks for the help. 

Archived