array health report [FAIL] - but SMART status is OK - what next?

Trylo

Hi!

For over a year I had every single array health report ending without a problem, today I find this message:

unRAID Status: 02-07-2018 00:20
Notice [NAS] - array health report [FAIL]
Array has 8 disks (including parity & cache)

SMART shows that all drives are OK, in Main tab I have two drives showing errors. Parity check found 0 errors just 2 days ago. I've attached diagnostics. I will appreciate help on this matter, I don't know if I should go buy new drives...

image.thumb.png.d4758fd538cf8caace5c41a5d168016a.png

nas-diagnostics-20180703-1514.zip

I think I will just buy two new drives and replace both of them. The replacement drive can take up to 3 weeks, so when that one arrives I will simply replace that 1TB drive in the array...
I can't believe that two drives failed at the same time...

They didin't completely fail, especially disk3, and like I said you might get lucky and there won't be errors during the rebuild of disk2, but SMART is showing read raw errors, and once they start getting read errors it's likely to only get worse with time, so they should be replaced as soon as possible.

There's another option if you're willing, mount old disk2 outside the array, every file successfully copied from it should be OK and be used to replace the existing files on the rebuilt disk, any file that can't be copy due to the read errors check or restore from backup.

Archived