(SOLVED) Changed share settings - Cant access shares anymore

brom

Hi everyone!

I think i might have screwed up a bit when moving data and changings drives to specific shares, i changed every share that the included disks is only disk 5 and 7 and i excluded disks 1,2,3,4 and 6. 

After that was done i notices i dident see any shares anymore under the Shares tab, i ssh'd into the machine. I can no longer access /mnt/user when i try to i get the following error: -bash: cd: /mnt/user: Transport endpoint is not connected

I checked the /boot/config/shares/system.cfg and I noticed that i have changed the drive selection on the system folder aswell, is there anything that i can do? Can i just change the system.cfg file from "shareInclude="disk5,disk7"
shareExclude="disk1,disk2,disk3,disk4,disk6"" to

"shareInclude="All"

shareExclude="None" ?

You shouldn't use both include and exclude values for a share.

Either specify which disks to include - the rest will be automatically excluded.

Or specify which disks to exclude - the rest will be automaticallly included.

Going for include or exclude is mostly an indication of what you want to happen when you add more disks - if the share may automatically make use of the new drive or not.

Note that changing include/exclude will not move any files between the disks.

13 minutes ago, trurl said:

And your symptoms seem like you may have some other problem, such as file system corruption.

I originally thought shfs had crashed, but the top command shows a shfs process.

df shows a /mnt/user0/ but no /mnt/user/

Looks like you changed a bunch of User Share settings without any clear idea of what they did. You have succeeded in moving your appdata share off of cache, for example.

Go to Settings - Docker and set Enable Docker to No.

Go to Settings - VM Manager and set Enable VMs to No.

Go to each of your User Shares and clear both the Include and Exclude fields.

Go to your appdata and system User Shares and set Use cache to Prefer

Reboot and post a new diagnostic.

1 minute ago, pwm said:

df shows a /mnt/user0/ but no /mnt/user/

Corrupt cache??? I don't know if that could cause user0 to exist without user or not. In any case shutting down VMs and Dockers, fixing share settings, and rebooting should give us a better idea.

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

Looks like you changed a bunch of User Share settings without any clear idea of what they did. You have succeeded in moving your appdata share off of cache, for example.

Go to Settings - Docker and set Enable Docker to No.

Go to Settings - VM Manager and set Enable VMs to No.

Go to each of your User Shares and clear both the Include and Exclude fields.

Go to your appdata and system User Shares and set Use cache to Prefer

Reboot and post a new diagnostic.

@trurl you just saved my day! Cant thank you enough! 

That solved all my problems! 

Glad to hear it, but I was planning to tell you more after you posted a new diagnostic.

In particular, manually invoking mover to get your appdata and system shares moved back to cache. Then enabling VMs and dockers after mover finished.

There is Help in the webUI for most things. You can either click on a particular setting to get help text for it, or you can turn on/off Help for all of unRAID by clicking the Help (?) button.

I expect you are confused about the different Use cache settings. Here is a more detailed explanation:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?page=2#comment-537383

Archived