Docker network confusion with mulitple interfaces

FunkadelicRelic

Hi all.

I'm in the process of testing out Unraid after having switched over from NAS4Free. My primary use case is Docker containers.

My Unraid server has 2 network adapters - one in the LAN (eth0) and one in a seperate network DMZ (eth1). My network is firewalled and routed using OPNSense and the network connectivity between the network adapters is fine.

I have both network adapters configured in Unraid with Static IP and Gateways defined, with bridging and bonding disabled.

I want to be able to set containers to use either of these networks. However, this is where I'm having problems. I can't seem to get the networks to appear in the Docker config. I see them both listed, but the DMZ network does not display a Gateway. When I try to create a container, I only see eth0 (LAN).

If I turn on bridging for both networks, I see br0 and br1 listed in the Docker config, but when I create a container, only br0 shows in the list, despute both br interfaces being ticked in the Docker settings.

Ultimately, I would like to be able to run containers on each of the host interfaces. If this means I can share the host addresses with containers, great, but if not I don't mind using individual addresses. The thought behind using the shared host addresses is that I use HAProxy to reverse proxy into all my services so accessing services would be a bit easier to configure by only having to remember a couple of IP addresses as opposed to one for each individual container.

Am I doing something wrong here or do others see similar behaviour?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived