Noob Q - iGPU passthrough in Win10

toastman

So I've been through the forums and SpaceInvaders videos (thanks!) and am either missing something or screwed up somewhere.

My specs:  i7-4770/HD4600 in a HP ED G1.  

ACS Downstream enabled

Everything else is more or less stock vanilla

After some initial struggles, I've managed to successfully create a Win10 VM with my add-on ATI 7350 passed-through using SeaBios.  Everything works great, even sound over DP/HDMI.

What I would prefer, however, is to have either 1) the 7350 used by unRaid with the HD4600 passed-through, or 2) No 7350 at all, with the HD4600 passed through.  I have been focusing my efforts on option #1.  I'd really like OVMF as a boot option so I can transfer my baremetal Win10 license, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

So, I have a successful Win10 VM.  If I reboot unRaid, swap the primary VGA in Bios to the 7350 (to free up the onboard), then create from scratch an identical Win10 VM with the only difference being the passed through video, I get a whole bunch of nothing.

So, I'm wondering if I'm missing a relatively simple step somewhere.  Should I stub out the onboard video?

Thanks