Not enough memory to load specified image

I'm stuck. I've been at this all weekend and I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

My server shutdown and would restart late last week. I did some general troubleshooting and realized that I can't even get replacement parts for my existing setup. So I figure I'll do a quick rebuild with an inexpensive, but current setup.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte AX370 Gaming-3 motherboard

Patriot Viper 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz 

Check that I'm on latest BIOS.

Load the default BIOS settings, boot to USB.

Attempt to boot unRaidOS - after "Loading /bzroot" message, I see the Not enough memory to load specified image.

Same with any option I try.

Googling for the message doesn't bring up anything more recent than 2012 so far and all seem to mention adding a "mem" parameter to the boot command - but I have no idea how to, or if that is even a good idea for unRaid.

I'm stuck.  Please, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Whip

I finally found a reference to the syslinux.cfg file and was able to add mem=16G as an additional parameter to the launch menu options. I still don't know why my motherboard was not reporting the correct memory to the kernel (I think that's the issue).

Edited by whipdancer
  • Like 1