6.6.1 2990wx Slow VM on Cache

SAS

Hello Everyone, 

I'm fairly new to Unraid and Linux in general. I learned and work in a Windows environment. I have spent the last several days going through the forum and YouTube videos trying to figure out why my VMs are running slowly on my new 6.6.1 server. I have a 1950x on 6.5.3 and everything works well. I followed Spaceinvader One's videos and suggestions to learn Unraid. I added additional NVME drives to the cache pool, created a new share with cache only selected, and installed a brand new W10 VM in the new share on the cache only share. I installed the Fix Common Problems plugin and everything checked out fine. No matter what I try or where I put the VM image the drive speed is slow. It's not as slow as others like taking 10 minutes to boot. It boots in about a minute but the overall performance is about 1/3 of my 1950x machine with nearly the exact same setup. Below is a list of my hardware.

Asus Strix X399-E Gaming

2990wx (not overclocked)
128GB DDR4 (GSkill)

4x HDD

3x NVME drives as cache pool

I would really appreciate some help with this. I literally have 1 VM on this machine and I just can't figure out how to speed it up. 

I noticed something odd. If I assign 4 cores the pasmark drive score is about 1000, I bump it up to 8 cores and it goes up to 2000ish. I assign all 32 cores and the passmark drive score goes up to about 4500. 

It looks like I can reply now :D

Yes, I have the latest BIOS from ASUS installed. My 1950x VM on normal SSD array gets as high as about 7500 if I recall. I had 8 cores when I started this thread >.<. I also have a NVMe passthrough VM on the 1950x that gets about 16k. 

On the NVMe cache pool, i would assume the disk score would be above 10k. I literally just wiped everything and installed a bunch of 1TB SSDs just to see if it makes a difference. I'll report back in an hour or so after I test another VM. 

Edited by SAS

Just a quick update, replacing all of the HDDs with SSDs didn't resolve the speed issue. I removed the 1.2TB Intel 750 SSD as the cache and replaced it with a 1TB Samsung 970 pro. This caused the VM to run even slower, passmark disk score of about 1100 on 8 cores........ I'll try a few more things and report back in a few hours.