Question about Samba connection to unRAID from a printer

SSD

I have a Canon MF4690 network printer.  It allows you to scan and store PDFs (and other formats) to a network share using Samba.  I have successfully configured it to talk to a Windows XP and Windows 7 workstation.  But when I try to get it to connect to an unRAID share, I get an error and it does not work.  The printer is pretty bad about giving details about what went wrong.

To get it to connect to a Windows share I provided the following fields:

Host name: \\mypc\sharename

File Path: \inbox (subdirectory inside the sharename)

Login Name:  myloginname

Password: mypassword

This works fine.

But when I try it with my unRAID server, I get an error:

Host name: \\tower\sambasharename

File path: \inbox

Login Name: mywindowslogin (configured through unRaid)

Password: mywindowspassword (configured through unRaid)

The sambasharename is fully accessible from my Windows box using my Windows credentials.  I can add and delete friles from the share and the subdirectories within the share.

The printer returns an error code of MF804, which means “You have no permission to access the folder”.  But I get this same message if I specify an invalid userid/password or a valid one.  I’ve tried so many combinations of settings with no luck. 

I hoped that with the tremendous brainpower in this forum someone may have some ideas of something to try.  Is there some way to see a log of Samba attempts to connect to the unRAID server?  Perhaps it might give some clues.

Any help much appreciated!

Archived