Parity Errors After Corrective Check

bpage

Hoping you guys could help me with next steps. Had a dirty shutdown and unRAID came back up Ok, but parity check returned 23 errors. I then proceeded to run another check with correcting turn on, but got the same result. No disk errors reported and the system is working correctly to my knowledge.

Could someone give me some next steps? No video cards installed and ECC ram.

pageraid-diagnostics-20181119-0900.zip

4 hours ago, bpage said:

Hoping you guys could help me with next steps. Had a dirty shutdown and unRAID came back up Ok, but parity check returned 23 errors. I then proceeded to run another check with correcting turn on, but got the same result. No disk errors reported and the system is working correctly to my knowledge.

Could someone give me some next steps? No video cards installed and ECC ram.

pageraid-diagnostics-20181119-0900.zip

It is expected that the correcting check will report the same number of errors as the initial non-correcting check.   However they should have now been corrected so if you run another non-correcting check you should get zero errors reported.

8 minutes ago, itimpi said:

It is expected that the correcting check will report the same number of errors as the initial on-correcting check.   However they should have now been corrected so if you run another non-correcting check you should get zero errors reported.

Gotcha. Running again now. I will update.

Appreciate the insight.

Archived