VMs immediately fail (requiring unRAID reboot) if I pass through my NIC

Sophware

If I hit the checkbox (this is a 4-port NetXen NIC) for any or all of the interfaces to pass through to a VM (tried on Windows and FreeBSD VMs), VM services immediately crash.

The VM with the interfaces assigned just goes from the stop icon instantly to the two arrows forming a circle. After that, nothing. Can't stop the VM; can't edit the VM; and, if I leave the VM tab, when I come back, no VMs are listed.

The NIC is stubbed. It is listed as a device that can reset. The NIC and its interfaces are all in one IOMMU group and nothing is in there with them. The VMs otherwise boot, if none of the NIC interfaces is selected. The issue doesn't seem to be about what happens during the boot process--the boot process never even starts, IMO.

Searching the forums here, I see that drivers for this NIC and unRAID were only relatively recently added. 

EDIT: VMs boot if I switch which cards I'm passing to them. What could cause this? Incomplete support for the NetXen card?

Edited by Sophware