User shares, how to modify?

I'm been using unraid for a quite some time now, seems to be a brilliant software!!

When I first started using the server I did not care much about shares, just wanted to get the thing running.

Now I have a lot more hardware that's accessing the box and I would like to have more specific shares.

Is there a way to make new shares and then move files under them without actually moving them?

I have split level 10.

I just wanted to fill the drives as full as possible. That's why I used the slit level 10. Then I noticed it has no effect.

Even when I saw that one of the drives has 40Gb free, one 20Gb file won't go there. I get an error message of not enough of disk space.

I have 14 drives including parity. I have cared less about the split level. But now when managing shares it has to also be figured out.

I now have share called Multimedia, under that I have movies, docs, series, anime and music. how could I get for example those excluding music under one share?

I also have sabnzb share that I have tried to remove, but then I cannot access to any shares.

I can't explain the "not enough disk space" issue - I take it your allocation method is set to "Fill Up" on the Multimedia share?  Do you have anything in the "Min. free space" field?  And when you receive the error, you're attempting to write directly to the \diskx share rather than the Multimedia share?

If I understand the second part of your question correctly, if you browse / map a drive to \\tower\Multimedia , within that share you see:

movies

docs

series

anime

music

and instead you want to see

movies

docs

series

anime

With I assume a new share for music, ie \\tower\music ?

If so, then go into your share settings in Unraid, and create a new share for Music.  Then, on each disk in your array, move the music folder (if it exists) from the \Multimedia folder up to the root.  I'm sure someone could write a script to intelligently go through each of your disks and perform the move for you, but in general it should be a pretty quick and painless process.

Archived