v6.6.5 Static IP & SSL configuration question(s)

HSEDuster

I wasn't really sure if this should be in general or security or docker... It kind of spans all that. 

The TL:DR version is I have an ISP assigned static IP, a domain from namecheap, and an SSL cert from namecheap and want to access my NextCloud from aforementioned (sub)domain with SSL.

I know, and currently, have, a free cert through unraid/ let's encrypt but it's a minor annoyance that browsers throw up a hissy fit saying the site isn't secure. Not an issue for me, but I do have some family members sharing this too and avoiding the security threat warnings would save some explaining for me. 

I can find endless threads about free SSL certs through let's encrypt (and others), IP tracking (duckdns), reverse proxies, etc etc... But I haven't been able to see a thing about having a static IP and getting an SSL cert via a CSR for this. Now granted, I think the static IP bit is probably a non-issue for these purposes...

I haven't set up a reverse proxy (at least not yet...), or anything else really beyond getting a functional nextcloud docker (sorry, 'container') running and the subdomain pointing to the correct IP and port. FWIW I use OpenVPN to access any services I need to if I'm not on my local net (SABnzb, Sonarr, etc...) which works wonderfully. 

The SSL cert is a paid one from Namecheap (it was a package deal when I got the domain) and if I can get it to work, great, but if not so be it. But alas after weeks (admittedly off and on) of scouring the forums and other sources online, I can't piece together the most straightforward way to do this. Any suggestions or just a nudge in the right direction would be awesome. 

Oh and if it's of any relevance, at the moment I'm using a consumer (Linksys) router connected to my ISPs line. No modem or anything on my end. I'm apparently part of their Motorola canopy network pending installation of fiber (to be installed by August... of 2018... yeah...) so my indoor 'hardware' on the ISP end consists of a POE injector and a CAT5 cable...

Archived