unraid - perfect for me?

hi guys, just discovered unraid and for now, i love it.

but i dont really know if its the right for me, maybe you can help me.

even as an it guy i never had the opportunity to work with nas systems/distributions.

The last weeks i owned a synology nas, but the more the time flied, i knew i want more :D

but i also had to learn that the synology hardware is way to underpowered (at least for me) so i started researching what i can do with my pc.

What started as a simple file server is now a downloadserver, plex media server, timemachine backupserver etc.

so, my specs are:

i3 8100, 16Gigs of RAM, GTX1060, 512GB Samsung SSD Drive, 4TB WD RED (30w power consumption in idle)

-i want to use it as a general fileserver for all my computers (macOS, windows, linux, so i guess ill stay with SMB), a timemachine server is mandatory.

-i would like to use plex WITH hardware acceleration (that is where my ds218play is dying at right now)

-maybe itunes server

-downloadserver (jdownloader)

-possibility to access my files from the internet

-access plex from the internet

-use a windows VM as a gaming machine (thats what the 1060 is for)

-make us of 4 to 6 drives, i want to upgrade every few months the capacity

the last 2 days i used an trial license to checkout the windows vm stuff and its working and it looks very good for now, maybe 5% power loss, but games are almost usable as on native windows.

but, is unraid the right choice for me? i dont want to change to another distro/solution in a few months or so. And is my hardware enough? (i guess so?)

i havent tried everything out but ofcourse i checked the forums and also found spaceinvaders youtube channel.

greetings