Docker Service won't start

I've read a few other posts here about people having to delete the docker.img file. I really hope that's not the case as I have about 15+ dockers that I use and would not want to go through all those setups again. Many had odd changes that needed to be made to work properly. 

Is there a way to get back into the edit page and save them as templates? 

edit: diognostics added

brunhome-syslog-20181230-2020.zip

brunhome-diagnostics-20181230-2052.zip

Edited by mebrunner24

Also, your templates are already saved on flash. If you have read many posts about people deleting their docker image, then you should have seen some that explained how to reinstall your dockers exactly as they were before using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps (Community Applications) page. Previous Apps uses those templates I mentioned that are automatically saved to flash when you create or edit any of your containers.

Looks like you have filled up your docker image and it won't mount now. So deleting and recreating is going to be the first step in fixing your problems. The next steps will be figuring out how you managed to fill it up. The typical cause of filling up docker image is an application that is writing data to a path that is not in mapped storage, such as an application that downloads.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Also, your templates are already saved on flash. If you have read many posts about people deleting their docker image, then you should have seen some that explained how to reinstall your dockers exactly using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps (Community Applications) page. Previous Apps uses those templates I mentioned that are automatically saved to flash when you create or edit any of your containers.

So I would delete the docker.img which would allow me to setup the docker containers again using the feature Previous Apps? I can't recall seeing that prior. 

5 minutes ago, mebrunner24 said:

So I would delete the docker.img which would allow me to setup the docker containers again using the feature Previous Apps? I can't recall seeing that prior. 

Yes

Also, your syslog is filling up with these:

w83795 failed to read from register

A little googling seems to indicate this is related to sensors. You might try uninstalling system temp plugin to see if these will go away.

18 minutes ago, mebrunner24 said:

So I should be able to disable docker, check the delete image file, then re-install/enable my previous docker containers with the existing settings that I had on them? 

Sorry for the questions, just concerned

image.thumb.png.7b98ecf690f65a8d1593125199c1fc33.png

yes

Then you need to figure out why it filled up so you can keep it from happening again.

All of this is covered in the Docker FAQ. Here are some relevant links:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564363

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?page=2#comment-566089

Also take a look at the whole "Docker Image Filling Up" section in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

• 3 weeks later...