BTRFS Raid 1 pool and strange right performance of docker apps

DasMarx

Hi everyone,

I've been using Unraid for some time now and have a nice cache pool of 3 500GB 850 Samsung Evos.

They do perform nicely whenever I throw any file at them e.g. as the actual cache for shares.

However, there seems to be some strange bottleneck that happens when using docker containers on that system.

E.g. I tried to install Nextcloud with MariaDb today and the performance is extremely slow.

Whenever a file is uploaded to nextcloud or a folder is created, I see write speeds in the excess of 600MB/s on the cache drives for multiple seconds.

I've only seen it this bad in MariaDB but also some other docker apps seem to stress the cache pool more than needed whenever I write something from inside the docker container.

Anyone got an Idea where I could start to investigate or are there any performance tipps required for the appdata share?

I'll appreciate any idea.

Thanks already in advance.

Edited by DasMarx

It seems I've found the culprit. Not sure tbh. if this is the best approach but setting the nodatacow flag on the whole mariadb appdata folder and copying a backup back into that folder resolved the high IO/write issue for me.

No I see the db performance I was expecting plus very quick interactions with nextcloud.