Level 2 Certification: SUPERMICRO MBD-X8SIL-F-O

I've had my UnRaid server going 24/7 for a bit over a month now and thought I'd share my log. If I'm not mistaken, this should be good for level 2 tested. If I'm lacking something, please let me know so I can get it there. I've had zero problems so far!

FYI, it takes about 6.6 hours to check parity.

See full system specs here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=7512.msg72715#msg72715

Screenshot of disk stats: http://imgur.com/ptcJs

syslog-2010-10-01.zip

I haven't tested any sleep modes, but maybe you could try changing the ACPI version to 3.0 instead of 2.0? If you're concerned about energy usage, here is an overview of my setup's power draw: I have an AT&T Router/Gateway, a 24 port gigabit switch, a 1U Atom server (hardware firewall), and the UnRaid server itself in a rack all on one outlet. Using my kill-a-watt, the rack is pulling 128W from the wall. If I spin up all 6 drives (three of which are low power) that are in the UnRaid server, it draws up to 180W.

If you're concerned about energy usage, here is an overview of my setup's power draw: I have an AT&T Router/Gateway, a 24 port gigabit switch, a 1U Atom server (hardware firewall), and the UnRaid server itself in a rack all on one outlet.

That's a lot of extra equipment to determine the draw of your unRAID server only.  I suspect your Atom firewall represents 30 - 50W of that consumption, depending on the generation.  Could you pull the kill-a-watt and place it between your server and your power splitter?

Using my kill-a-watt, the rack is pulling 128W from the wall. If I spin up all 6 drives (three of which are low power) that are in the UnRaid server, it draws up to 180W.

What type of drives?  A 50W jump just for 6 drives seems high, even for 7200 rpm drives.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally had the time to move my kill-a-watt off the whole rack and onto the unraid server itself while a thunderstorm was going on outside. Here are the results I observed:

51w at idle; all drives spun down

126w peak while spinning up drives

80w after all drives spinning

I have 3 Samsung HD203WI (2TB EcoGreen F3), a Seagate ST31000528AS (1TB 7200.12 Barracuda), a Seagate ST3500630AS (500GB 7200.10 Barracuda), and a WD5000AACS (500GB Caviar GP).