SonWon

Memory testing

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Is Memtest86+ the best tool for memory testing with an AMD 2700X?  I ask the question since it has not been updated since 2013.

Really no need for an update. It does what it needs to do which simply put is writing, moving and checking various pieces of data to and from different memory locations.

I've read there is a problem with some processors if you don't use 'round robin' when testing so maybe it could use an update?

2 hours ago, SonWon said:

I've read there is a problem with some processors if you don't use 'round robin' when testing so maybe it could use an update?

Feel free to download and use the latest version, as that would probably be the best choice for you. It will require making a USB stick specifically for its use.

The version included with unraid is the latest version that limetech can include in the distribution. I can't remember the details, but I believe it's both licensing and technical details that preclude updating the one on the unraid USB.

The Memtest86+ V5.01 that comes with Unraid is the lastest version from 2013.  There is no newer Memtest86+ version.

I see Memtest86 has a free version which was updated this month so I'll check that out.

Thank you everyone for the replies.