(SOLVED) Cache drive in read only mode

Hello 

My cache drive is, for some reason in read only mode and the mover is unable to read from it.

I have tried stopping and starting the array and restarting the server but no luck.

The personal data on the cache drive is not important

how ever most of the appdata share and the docker image are on there so currently my dockers are not working correctly.

im new to this so hopefully someone with more knowledge can enlighten on what to do

thanks

tower-diagnostics-20190407-1622.zip

Edited by Árni

So just to clarify 

Because my cache drive is not unmountable, just in read only mode I should be able to copy the data to another location, format the drive and copy the data back on the newly formatted drive and it should be ok?

Also do I need some special program to do this or is it ok to just use disk shares and copy the data that way? And what is the best way to format the drive?

And how can the metadata become corrupted? Is it a sign of hardware failure?

1 minute ago, Árni said:

I should be able to copy the data to another location, format the drive and copy the data back on the newly formatted drive and it should be ok?

Yes, and if not possible to copy see link above.

2 minutes ago, Árni said:

Also do I need some special program to do this or is it ok to just use disk shares and copy the data that way? And what is the best way to format the drive?

You can copy any way you want, to format change the cache filesystem to a different one and start the array, you'll have the option to format it.

2 minutes ago, Árni said:

And how can the metadata become corrupted? Is it a sign of hardware failure?

It can be the sign of a memory issue, btrfs is particularly sensible to RAM errors, a single bit flip in the wrong place can destroy a filesystem, though this should be improved on kernel 5.0 and above, make sure you're not overclocking your RAM, but nothing beats using a server with ECC RAM.