Blinking green drive status light

davephan

I am using unRAID 4.7, I haven't upgraded yet. My drive 2 was bad, as indicated when booting up the computer, but not red in the runRAID GUI, although that drive had many errors. I replaced the bad drive 2 with a new drive. The drive 2 "upgraded", then the drive 2 "rebuilt". Now, my drive 1 has 2 parity errors and the replaced drive 2 has a blinking green. I searched for the blinking green drive status and couldn't find anything yet. What does a green blinking drive status mean, and what should I do to fix it?

I thought about upgrading from unRAID 4.7 to the current version of unRAID. I have a 20 drive license for version 4.7.  Currently, all 10 drives are 2.0 TB. I don't know how to determine if my hardware will accept drives larger than 2.0 TB. Or, if I need to replace my 7 year old Supermicro system board, CPU, and memory with new hardware. I don't know how to determine if the older hardware will accept larger than 2.0 TB drives. I don't know the drive size limit for the current unRAID version. I'd want to increase the parity drive to the maximum drive size with the new unRAID build. If I upgrade, I'd need to buy more USB hard drives to back up all my data first. 

Unraid 4.7 was limited to 2TB drives.    From v5 onwards there is no practical limit (Not sure if that is quite true - it could well be 1000TB but nobody has that sort of drive :) ) - anyway any drive you can currently buy is supported by v6.   If you want to get feedback on whether drives larger than 2TB are supported by your hardware I suggest you post the details as someone here is likely to know.

You could also try creating a USB stick for v6 and confirm that It boots on your hardware.   Chances are high that a system that is 7 years old supports drives larger than 2TB and is 64-bit capable (which is required for v6).

Archived