We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

i3 530 CPU - $109.99

Rajahal

Intel Core i3 530 Processor BX80616I3530 - 2.93GHz, LGA 1156, 4MB L3 Cache, Dual-Core, Retail Processor w/ Fan

$109.99 after coupon code ABP8893

Since TigerDirect generally charges for shipping, it may be cheaper for you to go with Newegg instead:

Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz 4MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3530

$113.99 + free shipping

Neither of these deals are amazing, but this is about the cheapest I've seen this CPU so far.  Still, I'm waiting for it to come down to about the $75 range, or to be bundled with a good H55 mobo for maybe $150 or so.

This CPU is currently the sweet spot when it comes to optimizing the balance between power savings and processing power.  Be sure to pair it with an H55 mobo, as the P55 models don't take advantage of the i3's power savings.

Newegg actually has some decent MB/CPU combo deals for that processor with free/low cost shipping on the MB. Total for a Gigabyte board and i530 processor ~$210 shipped. (4 different Gigabyte boards are eligible for bundles.) They also have an Asus P7H55 MB/ i530 CPU/ 4GB RAM/ 1TB HDD combo that lists at $323. I'm not in the market for a new system atm and haven't price shopped the bundles so they may or may not be great deals.

This CPU is currently the sweet spot when it comes to optimizing the balance between power savings and processing power.  Be sure to pair it with an H55 mobo, as the P55 models don't take advantage of the i3's power savings.

You'll also need an H55 MB if you plan on using the integrated graphics provided by the i3/i5 chips.

Archived